NVQ Level 4 Laser Course can provide you with the skills required to carry out Laser hair removal and IPL Skin Rejuvenation treatments to an exceptionally high standard. Certified by VTCT, this will give you the qualification to work in the industry.
The course lasts 6 days and will include:
Day 1 – Theory
Overview of Laser and IPL
- Laser Physics
- Definition of Laser
- Laser Classification
- The difference between Laser and IPL.
- Types of medical and hair removal lasers – How to choose the right laser
Skin and hair biology
- Hair growth,
- Effects of hormones
- Different types of hair growth.
- Anatomy of the skin
Carrying out a consultation
- Patient consultation and communication
- Detailed paperwork
- Skin typing and the impact on laser settings
- Consent forms – everything you need to know.
- Information including medical contra-indications
- Client medical history
- Circumstances in which a doctor’s referral or approval is required
- Drugs list for either not treating client or test patch with
- Aftercare and homecare advice.
- The correct use of ‘Treatment Log books’
- Patch testing procedure
- Treatment protocols,
- Effectiveness of treatments
- Length between sessions,
- Conditions to be treated
- Safe parameters of laser machines for effective treatments
- Describing the physical sensation of the treatment to the client
- Adverse reactions and what to do
- Treating acne, rosacea, thread veins, pigmentation with laser/IPL systems
Day 3 – 5 Practical
- How to prepare client for treatment
- Extensive hands-on practice on laser systems
- Full demonstrations to laser treatments.
- Practice sessions for students to perform laser hair removal treatments on various areas and hair types.
- Practice sessions for students to perform laser thread vein removal treatments
- Practice sessions for students to perform laser photo-rejuvenation
UK: 0208 876 3999 / +447885215025
IRE: 045 982805 / +353 (0) 860640595